Instructions for Key Question(s) discussion
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- Read, watch, or review the resources on the Problem Overview(new tab) page as well as the following resources:
- An outlook is a summary of the major trends and a projection of those trends into the near future. You can think of it as analogous to a stock analyst’s report that lays out the most pertinent facts and then concludes with the likely direction of the price. While you don’t need to offer a full-blown outlook report, here are some examples to give you some ideas:
- In addition, most trade publications will have industry and market outlooks. In the OCLS library website(new tab), do a search on “outlook” or “forecast.” There is an option (on the left of the search screen) that limits searches to trade publications. If you want to include some quantitative information in your post, data may be found through some of the links at:
- Write an initial response to the following key prompt: Based upon your reading, synthesize your view of the outlook for this industry.
- Post your initial response as a new thread in the Key Question discussion topic by Day 5.
- Read and respond to at least one of your classmate’s posts by the end of the workshop.