Word-Building Assignment Directions: Refer to the
Word Parts List of prefixes, combining forms, and suffixes to break
down and define the following 10 terms. Your definitions should be short
and to the point. For example gastro = stomach and itis = inflammation,
therefore, the definition is inflammation of the stomach.
Click on the
"submit assignment" box and just type your answers in the text box
there. Number them from 1 to 10 and include the term beside each number.
Expert solution Preview
1. Tachyphagia: tachy-(quick) + - phagia (eating) = quick eating
2. Bradypepsia: brady-(slow) + - pepsia (absorption) = slow assimilation
3. Enterocele: enter/o-(digestive system) + - cele (hernia) = herniation of the digestive system
4. Cholecystectomy: cholecyst/o-(gallbladder) + - ectomy (evacuation) = careful expulsion of the gallbladder
5. Colonoscope: colon/o-(colon) + - scope (instrument for review) = an instrument for survey the colon