Step 1 Review the information involved in planning a speech.
The main steps involved in preparing any type of speech include the following:
· Choose the Right Topic
· Narrow Your Topic
· Locate Supporting Material
· Structure Your Speech
· Prepare an Outline
· Deliver Your Speech
Step 2 Prepare an introduction speech.
In a one-page outline, see attached format, consider the following as you prepare your speech:
· Brainstorm what your fellow classmates might find interesting about you for this introduction speech. Consider family history, stories about your childhood, significant life events, or your accomplishments.
· Narrow your ideas down to a specific topic, theme, or anecdote.
List the specific topic or title for your speech.
· When locating supporting materials for your introduction speech, think about any visual aids that may support your delivery.
· Remember to think about how you will open and close your introduction speech. Include those notes in your outline.