Week 5 Assignment – Evaluation of Agency’s Public Personnel Administration
Scenario for Assignments
Please note, the assignments in this course build upon one another. For these assignments, you will take on the role of a consultant for a government agency. Your consulting firm has been asked by the agency to conduct research, compile a report, and provide recommendations for improvement of their personnel management system. The first role of the consultant is to become familiar with the agency and its departments. You will develop the assignment in four parts, submitting each to your supervisor (your professor) who will review and grade your efforts.
- Week 3: Rationale and Analysis for Agency Selected.
- Week 5: Evaluation of Agency’s Public Personnel Administration.
- Week 7: Agency’s Law and Ethics of Hiring a Diverse Workforce.
- Week 10: Analysis of the Agency’s Policies, Procedures, and Plans – Unions, Privatization, Pensions, and Productivity.
In this assignment, you will continue to research the agency you selected for the Week 3 assignment.
4–5 page titled, “Evaluation of Agency’s Public Personnel Administration,” in which you:
- Analyze the organizational design of the selected agency’s human resource management (HRM) in relationship to the entire organization. Assess its strengths and weaknesses (title this section “Organizational Design”).
- Analyze at least three of the major components of the agency’s human resource system’s goals and practices regarding the recruitment and hiring of a qualified workforce (title this section “Personnel Recruitment and Hiring Practices”).
- Evaluate the agency’s approach to training and programs provided for new and existing employees for the development of knowledge, skills, and overall competencies, highlighting the strengths and weaknesses (title this section “Employee Skills Training”).
- Recommend at least two actions the agency could take to improve in the areas of recruiting and training a qualified workforce (title this section “Recruiting and Training Recommendations”).
- Appropriately incorporate at least four quality sources. A quality source can be either popular, such as a news article, or scholarly, such as peer-reviewed works. In the case of public administration, government websites are appropriate quality resources. Note: Wikipedia, SparkNotes, and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources. Use the Strayer University Online Library to conduct research.